Dec 10, 2008

Christmas Letter


Hello Everyone! It is time for the end of the year, what-a-great-year-this-has-been-for-me-and-I'm-going-to-brag-about-myself, Christmas letter! :D

This year has been quite a year! After finishing my second year at BYU, I had the awesome opportunity to go to England on a Study Abroad. I spent seven weeks in the mother country and was sad to have to leave it to come back to school. If you would like to read about some of the places I went, check out some of my previous blogs.

After taking a couple of classes and working during the summer, I moved across my complex to an new apartment and started my third/junior year! It's hard to believe that I'm already a junior, and how far I've come. There are times when I feel the exact same I did in high school, and then there are times when I feel like I've gained a world of experience. Halfway through this semester I received a promotion at work! I'm now a supervisor at the Creamery on Ninth. I love this position and am so happy that I received it!

Things that I have learned this year:
If a guy says he's a player, he probably is.
There isn't anything horribly wrong with me.
Take the risk, it will all end up okay.
Life changes very quickly, so take advantage of what you have, and be flexible.
First impressions (good and bad) are usually wrong.
If you want something, you've got to go and get it, even if it is out of your comfort zone.
God not only doesn't test you above what you are able to stand, but he always answers prayers. Always. Even if it is two years later.
A true friend will support you in all your efforts, and sees you for your potential. They will never make you feel less than you are (or can be).

Like in everyone's lives, there have been ups and downs, and hard things to do, but when I think of how far I've come in just the past few months, I'm amazed at the growth I've been through. I'm still imperfect, still flawed, still working hard, still emotional, and there are times when I don't feel like enough, but I've made it through before, and I'll always be able to make it through again.

Love you all. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment