Jun 1, 2012

Always better to sleep on it . . .

Last night I had every intention of coming on here and writing a blog post that would go a little something like this:

Whine whine whine. Pity pity pity. Cry cry cry. Blah blah blah.

Fortunately, I decided against it. I would be regretting it today if I hadn't.

The thing is, I was reminded of something that I had learned about my self about 2 months ago, and that is that my greatest weakness is low self worth. For some people, it's addiction, or bringing others down, or food, or whatever. Mine is low self worth.

I'm a Christian. I believe in God and Satan. I also believe that Satan knows how to take the spirit away from us, if we let him. And for me, it's making me start thinking things like I'm not worth it, and reminding me of every stupid thing I've every said or done. He makes me feel like the lowest of the low, and if I don't fight it, I can get taken in.

So how do I fight it?

First by realizing what's happening. I can't do anything until I can think reasonably.

Then I try the most basic of things: count my blessings! Who I have in my life, the things I have been given, etc. Basically, what is it that makes my life so good? Because I do have a good life.

Prayer helps too. That is what Satan doesn't want--us still speaking to God.

And finally, french fries and ice cream. No fail.

1 comment:

  1. you're awesome, whitney! really! thanks for being a great friend. and i do believe that french fries fixes everything. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete