Oct 9, 2008

Halloween

A lot of people have been asking me why I don't like Halloween. In fact, I'm not really a big fan of the whole month of October (excepting Dana and Dad's birthdays, of course) and it is because of Halloween. So what is it about Halloween that I don't like? True, dressing up can be fun, and there is very yummy candy that can only be gotten at this time of year. These are the arguments everyone has been putting to me to make me like Halloween.

I have been thinking about it; trying to put an exact reason to why I don't like Halloween. First of all, after you stop being able to trick-or-treat, it really isn't nearly as much fun. Dressing up in strange ways seems silly-- at this age I would much rather dress up in an elegant dress and be all made up and pretty. Another reason I don't like Halloween is that, even at this age, I don't like being scared. I don't like haunted houses, forests, corn mazes, and I don't like scary movies. And it seems that once you get past the trick-or-treat stage, you're supposed to be in this haunted stage. And that is all that happens in the month of October! Everyone going to hunted houses and watching scary movies. October is the one month of the year that I hope I don't get asked out, because I just know that it will be doing one of the previous and I honestly wouldn't like to do those.

So that's why I don't like Halloween. All I try to do it get past it and look forward to the following holidays that I enjoy a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not big on Halloween, either. I don't like haunted things or scary things, and never have. (Lucky for me, Dale doesn't, either.) It also reminds me of Blake's death, which doesn't add to the fun.

    I kinda like dressing up, but in pretty things, too. I mostly like seeing cute little people all dressed up in costume. I think it's mostly for them, anyway.

    ReplyDelete