Oct 4, 2008

Drama=My Life at School

There are times in this adventure of life that I wish my life was just the boring, old thing it used to be. Right now, all the drama that I never had in high school seems to be catching up to me. Not only has the new semester started, and I'm back to working until 8:30 at night, but I've been meeting new people, and having a lot of new experiences. Friendships, crushes, exams, class, work, all these things together combine to become a big ball of emotional drama. I can only hope that someday I will be able to look back on this drama as a comedy and laugh at myself.

For the time being, I am feeling very stupid. Like every time I open my mouth, duct tape should be slapped across it to keep me from saying something stupid. If only it were that easy. I know its a lot to ask for, but for once could I just be the suave, sophisticated girl that I make believe I am?

But along with all the drama, and stupid things, comes some sunshine and light. I have started my editing classes (Intro to Linguistics) and I am loving it! I have always thought of myself as a word person, and now I know that I must be! I love the way words are made, and how the sounds come together. Language, and speaking. It's all so amazing and a lot of fun to learn. I wasn't looking forward to that class to begin with, but it's now my favorite class, and always seems to end too soon. Three other rays of sunshine are my amazing roommates! Maria, Cecily and Linda. Maria is like me in a more outspoken, outgoing form. We have talks together, and seem to understand where each other is coming from. Cecily is the sweetest person I know. She loves me unconditionally, despite faults I might have, and she is a strength in my life. Linda prompts me to be better.

When life hands you lemons, God gives you the sugar for lemonade. My drama is for a little time only, but the things I learn from it are going to help me for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment