Sep 9, 2012

Observations

ob-ser-va-tion: noun, an act or instance of viewing or noting a fact or occurrence

Here are just a few things I've been noticing:

Vacuuming is a lot more fun when you dance while you do it.

I really dread putting new sheets on the bed. I don't know what it is, because I can make my bed everyday, no problem, but when it comes to changing the sheets and putting new ones on, I don't like it. And it takes less than five minutes to do, so it's not really cringe-worthy. I think it has something to do with having to walk from one side to the other every few seconds (I've got a queen sized bed).

Fairs are fun, but would be even more fun to experience with children.

This is something I knew, but just kind of "observed" lately as I try to keep my home clean: Putting things away right after you use them doesn't take that long and it makes it so the room feels cleaner and more open (and keeps things from building up).

You have to size your clothes to the biggest part of your body (unfortunately).

One of the definite perks of owning my own car is that I never have to adjust the seat and mirrors when I get in. They are always exactly where they are supposed to be!

Being stylish doesn't mean wearing the trends--it means finding your own style and wearing it with confidence!

Restricting myself from spending money this month has just made me think about all the things I want to buy next month--which seems a little bit against the point of restricting my spending this month.

Having several little tasks to work on makes the one big task you have to do seem less frustrating and stressful.

Speaking of stress, having a clean home helps eliminate some of the stress you feel.

If someone can't do something that you can, they seem to think you are patient, accomplished, and naturally talented, when really you just worked at it same as they could.

Listening to too many stand-up comedians makes you start feeling like you could be a stand-up comedian. ("What's the deal with wedding guest books? You stand in line and . . . ") It's also probably not the greatest idea to listen to them at work when you sit in a cubicle. I've almost broken my pencil from biting down on it to keep from laughing out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment