Sep 3, 2012

Halloween Costume Ideas

I got a Pinterest account last week and proceeded to spend a lot of time looking at websites that certain pins led me to. One of those is Disney Bound, which I think is so creative! After spending about four or so hours on it, I had tons of ideas for Halloween costumes! (Yes, I know Halloween is still two months away, but I want to be prepared in case I have somewhere to go this year. Or whatever.)

I'm not fond of going all out for costumes, so Disney Bound is perfect. What I like about Disney Bound is that 1) it's clothes that you can wear over and over again, 2) a lot of the clothes are probably ones you already have in your closet, and 3) it's subtle. Here are three "costumes" I have been thinking about for Halloween this year (and thanks to Polyvore for having a great site!):



Eeyore Disney Bound outfit


I would have to buy a pair of gray pants and a sweater. But I think this is a very cute idea! I'd wear my hair up in a ponytail with a pink bow.

Female Superman/"Clara" Kent (Not Supergirl, because, let's be honest, she wasn't that great):

Superman/"Clara" Kent


For this one I would just need to buy a Superman t-shirt. 

Female 10th Doctor:

Female 10th Doctor


Polyvore didn't exactly have exactly what I wanted. I could either wear my brown skirt or some slacks, and maybe get a brown tie to go with it. And maybe just a plain white or blue button up shirt instead of what's pictured here. 

Anyway, I'm obviously having way too much fun with this, but it's been a fun way of thinking of outfits and putting together things. With my blue dress and black flats I could be doing an Alice in Wonderland outfit; or with a green dress and purple shoes, a Little Mermaid inspired outfit. Anyway, have fun looking through the Disney Bound site and thinking up your own character inspired clothes!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite of all time Disney Bound outfit is "Anita" (from 101 Dalmatians). I can't wait to see your Halloween costume--you're going to look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete