Sep 23, 2012

Halloween Costume!

So I have finally decided on my Halloween costume (by the way, this excitement over a costume is new to me. I am not usually a fan of Halloween, but I have be invited to a party, plus it will be fun to wear a costume when handing out candy). Here it is!


Yes! I am going to be Rosie the Riveter! (For anyone looking for couple costumes, I think it would be so great to do a Rosie/WW II Soldier thing. But, alas, I am not a couple. But that's okay! "We can do it!") I found this picture of a full-body shot of Rosie:


So what I'm going to do is buy these coveralls (I figure I'll be able to use them for other things, like painting or whatever) and a red bandana (I seem to at one point throw away all my bandanas--probably thought I would never use them). I'll roll up the sleeves and pants of the coveralls (and probably wear a belt with them just because I'll want some definition to my body). As for the shoes, I'll just wear tennis shoes or something--I don't want to even try to find circa-1940s style boots. I'm pretty pleased with myself and think it is a great costume idea!

Anyone know any good (easy) ways to copy 1940s hairstyles?

No comments:

Post a Comment