Jun 8, 2011

Veggie Quiche

I had a roommate in college who was wizard at putting random ingredients together and making them taste yummy. She made this quiche which was great, so I talked with her a bit about what she usually made it with. I make dinner for my parents every Friday and I made quiche one week. It was way yum! So I thought I would share the recipe.

Vegetable Quiche

6-8 eggs
1 cup of milk
fresh spinach (don't use frozen, it makes it watery and the eggs don't cook in the center)
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow or white onion
1 clove garlic
mushrooms (optional--I don't like mushrooms so I didn't put them in)
tomato-basil feta cheese
salt and pepper
2 deep dish frozen pie crusts

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together and put in the pie crusts (makes 2 pies--but quiche is easily frozen). Bake for 30-45 minutes until the center is firm. If your crust starts to burn, cover with aluminum foil.

Enjoy!

(To reheat frozen quiche, thaw the pie in the refrigerator. Then bake at 375 for 23-35 minutes, until the middle reaches a temperature of 165.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the compliment kiddo ;P Glad you liked my garbage quiches (I should call them by a more appealing name)!

    ReplyDelete