Aug 31, 2013

Sisyphus, Part 2

Years ago, I wrote a blog post about how I felt like I was Sisyphus. That I was constantly pushing my rock up a mountain, only to have it fall down again--thinking that I was making progress and then something happening that made it feel like I was taking a major step backwards. In my pessimism, I thought that people didn't even think I was trying, that they saw me at the bottom of my mountain with the rock there, and they thought I was lazy.

And this might be true for some people. But I have learned this past week that there are people who think that I am strong. And that I'm brave. Even when I feel weak and cowardly. Because I keep trying. I keep pushing that rock. And sometimes I slip backwards, and sometimes it seems like I end up at the bottom again, but they know that I can do it, and that I'm trying, and they cheer me on and give me support.

And today, I'm really thankful for those people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment