Mar 12, 2012

Shopping Trips!

Starting on Thursday of last week, I've gone on a bit of a shopping binge. I have a friend at work who has just started a fashion blog (check it out here!) and the first H&M in Utah opened a few months ago, so we decided to go after work and she could help me be more fashionable.

I was so excited about this trip! I love getting new clothes and I'm also very excited to go through my closet and get rid of clothes. (I was going to do that this weekend, but circumstances changed and that will now be happening next month.) I still have clothes I got as a sophomore in high school! It's just time to get rid of things that don't fit anymore (I'm no longer the size 2 I was in high school), or that are worn out, or just not in fashion anymore. Anyway, I ended up spending a little bit more money than I planned on, but I'm super excited about what I've bought!

Here's a little run down on my shopping adventures (I was going to put up pictures, but that seemed that so much work, and I don't really want to try to figure out how to do one of those fun little squares with the numbers and all that. Sorry.):

Thursday after work Melissa and I went to Fashion Place mall, starting in H&M. She went around with me, talking about quality of fabrics (I have no idea about this--seriously, I really don't know what makes fabric good or not), etc. Then I tried on the clothes, got her opinion on them. I got this great little black dress (well, as LBD as you can get as a Mormon) that has this cross draping on it. I'm a fan! I don't really feel like I have much I want to hide, but it accents all the things I want to accent! Fabulous! I also got a black pencil skirt (which I have been wanting forever!), a button up blouse, and a blazer. The blazer was the most expensive item. The dress was only $25!!

From H&M we just wandered the rest of the mall, and ended up at DownEast Basics. They had a little location that was having a warehouse sale. I was able to buy a Maxi dress and a cute skirt for about $27--together! (I obviously love getting things on sale.)

Saturday I went to Payless Shoes because I had a 50% off coupon. (Yes, you read that right, 50% off. It was awesome.) I ended up buying two pairs of flats and two pairs of those little footie socks you wear with ballet flats for another $27. That's less than one of the pairs of shoes, if I were buying without the coupon. And they are super cute.

Then I went to Target where I bought the my first pair of American skinny jeans. (I bought a pair from Primark in London. That was almost 4 years ago and I still wear them. I have never been able to find a pair that was as comfortable in the states.) This is something Melissa convinced me to try.

I'm a little ashamed at how much I spent at Kohl's, but rest assured I did not pay full price for anything. (I mean, no one should pay full price for anything from Kohl's. It's really not worth it.) I love the color coral and it just happens to looking great on me, so I bought a coral shirt, a black shirt, and a purple printed shirt. Also, a pair of fishnet tights, because I've always wanted one.

I'm really excited to start incorporating my new clothes into my wardrobe and getting ride of some of the things that are in it. And hopefully these things will last me for at least a year, considering I am done visiting clothing store for awhile. Bookstores, on the other hand, might need a visit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment