Jan 1, 2010

Absolved


This is in response to the post Resolved.

The New Year is a time to look over the past year, to think about the things you've done and the things you wish you had done. It is a time to look forward to the coming year, the year that's new with no mistakes in it yet and to look forward to making changes and being better. True, sometimes it just doesn't work. Sometimes things are too tough to change in twelve months, but I think the big thing is that we try, because trying is half the battle.

Last year I made some resolutions. Some of them I completed, some of them I'm still working on, and some of them probably got forgotten the day after I made them ("eat less sweets" . . . right . . . ). But I made them, that's always the first step.

This year is unique, it is the beginning of a new decade as well as a new year. The past ten years have seen so many changes in my life--probably because they contained my teenage years! Ten years ago, no one knew what a blog was, everyone was just starting to get their own e-mail addresses, and no one had any idea was an iPod or MP3 was. It must have been horrible! ;) Through the past ten years I passed all the biggest milestones of my life: I became a teenager, I got my drivers license, had my first boyfriend, graduated from high school, got into BYU, turned 21, and I'm now in my (hopefully) last year of college. And those are just milestones!

What will this new decade bring? It's hard to tell, but there are somethings that I can be sure of. I know I'll be graduating from college. Hopefully, I'll get a job in the field of my choice, but that's just one of those things you can't tell. In fact, now that I think of it, the only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that I'll graduate. The rest of the future decade is a mystery to me, which I suppose I can deal with.

I only have one true resolution for this decade: take one day at a time.

Happy New Year! I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment