Mar 8, 2013

The time! The time! Who's got the time?!

Does anyone else feel that there just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done that you need to do, let alone what you want to do?

I wake up every morning, excepting Saturdays and Sundays, at 6:30. At this point in the morning, I should have gotten the 8 hours of sleep recommended. I say should because I may have had my eyes closed for 8 hours, but that does not mean that I actually slept for that long. The next forty minutes is me getting ready for the day: showering, getting dressed, making my bed, doing my hair and makeup, ending with me eating breakfast while reading my scriptures. Then it's a 20 minute drive to work.

I get to work and I'm there for about 8 hours, taking 30 minutes for lunch where I either read a book or talk to coworkers. I leave work, followed by another 20 minute drive home. Sometimes during my drive home I run errands, so I don't have to leave my apartment again.

By the time I get home, I have 5 hours to try to do all my "extracurricular" activities, as well as those things you are supposed to be doing. These include working out, making dinner, cleaning, taking time to just relax, reading, writing either on my blog or in my novel, working on my lace, interacting with my roommate, keeping up on TV, paying my bills, and at least once a week participating in some sort of activity with my singles ward. Then all of a sudden it's 9:30 and time to get ready for the next day and bed. It's almost like you can't just sit down and watch a movie anymore without feeling guilty for not doing other things. After "going" for 10 hours, you just want to sit down and not have to think or do anything for awhile. Which I like to do. But then I start feeling all guilty when I look over at my lace, or see my novel up on the back of my computer, or notice the dirty dishes in the sink. And then the weekends come and I have Saturday to go places and do errands I couldn't/didn't do the rest of the week.

Anyway, sometimes it just feels like there are all these things I need to do! But the truth is, sometimes, it's okay to come home from work and watch TV. No one has the time to do all the things we feel like we should be doing. I try to write something at least two times a week. And I'm trying to get back to working on my lace after a too long haitus, but I can do that when I'm watching TV. And I try to clean the kitchen while I'm making dinner (or whenever I get in my restless moods and just can't sit still). I think a lot of times I feel like everyone else can do all these things, plus they are married and have kids! But in reality, they all probably feel like I do, that it's just so hard to get it all done in one day. We're all in this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment