Jan 25, 2011

Movie Reviews

It's been a while since I have posted a review of any movies, so I decided to just post a bunch of little reviews of the movies I have seen lately:

The Last Song
MPAA rating: PG
My rating: 1 star
I was pretty disappointed in this movie, especially I since I have liked Nicholas Sparks' books/movies before. Too much happened that I couldn't concentrate on the big conflict. I felt that the story arch was undeveloped. There was a touching moment where the little brother insists on finishing a project he and his dad started.

Ramona and Beezus
MPAA rating: G
My rating: 5 stars
Anyone who has been a younger sister, a middle child, or just one of those kids who could never seem to do anything right will love this movie. I wouldn't have thought it when I started it, but it had both my mom and I in tears by the end. A good film showing a strong family, with strong values. I loved the Ramona books when I was younger and I loved this movie.

Post Grad
MPAA rating: PG-13
My rating: 1 1/2 stars
I watched this movie because I am a recent grad. The irony came when I learned that not only was the main char a recent college grad like me, but wanted to work in publishing as an editor, just like me! It was a pretty stupid movie with a few funny parts, and a few cute parts, but it's probably not worth your time to watch.

Flipped
MPAA rating: PG
My rating: 4 stars
This is almost just like the novel, except it is set in the 1950s instead of the present day. It's a beautiful story about growing up, seeing the truth, and asking and giving forgiveness. It is told from two points of view, which adds some comedy.

Eat Pray Love
MPAA rating: PG-13
My rating: 3 stars
An interesting story about a woman who goes off to find herself. It definitely made me feel like taking some time to run off somewhere and find myself. There were times when I felt like either that she just was too lucky, or that she whined too much, but for the most part I liked it.

So, there you go. Just a few movies to check out (or not). I just realized that they are all kind of girl movies, but that's what I've been watching lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment