May 19, 2016

30 by 30: Get a Pen Pal

This one took some research. I looked at adopting a soldier, but while I think that's an amazing thing, it wouldn't give me the back and forth I was looking for. Then I looked at a lot of different pen pal sites, but it just seemed . . . suspicious. So, finally, I went to Facebook. I asked my friends if they knew of anyone willing to have a pen pal, to write "old fashioned" hand written letters to each other. What I wanted was to have someone who lived in a culture different from my own, so I could learn about it. I've lived in the same state my whole life, so I thought that would be good for me.

One of Sis's old roommates (who had lived a lot of places) knew someone whose wife was willing to write me. Which is how I met Pen Pal! She lives in Switzerland and it's been interesting to learn about a different part of the world and a completely different person than what I'm used to. It's been great. I love getting her letters and she's a fun writer. I hope she thinks I am in return . . .


Swiss stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment