Jul 20, 2013

One Pot Mac and Cheese

It's been a long while since I shared a recipe, so I thought I would share a new recipe I tried this last week. I was thinking of something to have for dinner that was rather easy to make, and didn't involve me having to go to the store. I found this recipe and this recipe on pinterest and sort of combined them using the things I had in my kitchen. It's not as good as my dad's mac and cheese, but it was easy and fairly quick to make.

One Pot Mac and Cheese

1/2 lb pasta (all I had was wagon wheel)
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon dijon mustard (I have no idea why I have dijon mustard--I don't like mustard, but I do, so I used it)
lemon pepper
cheddar cheese (how ever much you want)
freshly ground pepper

In a sauce pot, combine ingredients from the pasta to the lemon pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, then turn to low, cover and cook for twenty minutes. You'll want to continue stirring to make sure the pasta doesn't stick together. At the end of the twenty minutes the pasta should be all the way cooked. Turn off the burner. Add in the cheese and stir until it's melted. Put pepper in to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment